Friday, July 18, 2008
Resurrection of the Co-op (at least for 2 days)
I know you remember the co-op. I RAVED about it every time it was my day off...meaning I was dropping the boys off with Becky - when we were both pregnant with our recent baby girls. This week I was in a bit of a bind because I needed to work Thursday, but Jason was working. I threw out the question to Becky...and her quick response was SURE, I'D LOVE TO WATCH YOUR KIDS FOR 12 HOURS! Seriously. If I would have asked Becky: "would you please cut off your right arm and mail it to me?" I'm sure she would say "SURE! I'D LOVE TO!" That's what kind of friend Becky is. She would do anything for me (us). SO...I was great relieved when Becky asked if I could take her girls for Wed afternoon....I really wanted to reciprocate for her so it wasn't a 1-sided thing (though she wouldn't hesitate even if it was 1-sided). My day with the kids was a little hectic. I wasn't organized enough. The hardest part was getting lunch made and getting the baby girls to go to sleep(and stay asleep in Reese's case) but otherwise it was fine. I told Becky how it went and she organized herself. She called me Wed night so we could talk details (J dropped them off at 8:15, B took them to VBS - G went, the younger 4 were in a nursery...B took them home fed them lunch, napped them, played with them and took them to my parent's house later for dinner and baths) and she told me she had the sleep areas all set up, a toy area, coloring area, lunches made in the fridge, car packed and ready for the morn...what a girl. She said the day went great and I knew it would. If anyone could do this, Becky could. I really feel so fortunate to have family so close that are willing to help out whenever they can with the kids and friends like Becky who love my kids as much (or close!) as I do and keep them so I can do what I need to...Thank you Becky. You are amazing! Lets do it again! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Carrie this is the nicest thing written about me ever! Thank you so much! I would LOVE to do it again. Totally gave me a chance to work and you the chance to work too! Can't wait for the next challenge!!!
Post a Comment