First thing in the morning?? Now that is a sweet tooth.
So today I decided it was time for the gingerbread house to go adios. We all grabbed a few last pieces of candy off it and said our good-byes...and then into the trash can it went. Not the kitchen trash. No. I'm smarter than that. My boys would have been eating out of the garbage for sure. Into the large industrial city-issued trash can outside. Both boys wanted to see it broken at the bottom...and I think that was enough closure for us all.


So now...I finish this and post it - a few hours later- as I listen to Gavin whining in bed. Bedtime has become quite the battle in our house for our oldest...he whines and gets up every night. We have different consequences for different things, but last night I decided to do a chart for him. A sticker if he stays in bed and doesn't whine or cry. So far we are 1 for 3....oh well. I'm sure the motivation for the toy reward will entice him at some point! And off I go to turn off his music since he is whining.


1 comment:
love seeing your little boys and them all dressed up girlie too. Man a gingerbread house sounds like fun--I'm jealous! I think it would quite a project to make one though so I think I will stick with christmas cookies.
Post a Comment