Family picture...all of us! The funny thing is this was Gavin's idea. He set us all up and took a picture of us, then someone had the idea to set the camera up so Gavin could be in the picture too. I think its a really cute picture - and even Shima made the cut.Ezekiel's birthday was Tuesday and we went to Main St. in HB where we ate dinner, the kids ate ice cream, jumped in a bounce house, played with bubbles, and rode a train. The next day, Ez opened a few presents from us. We celebrated with my family a few weeks ago, and will celebrate with Jason's family soon too!
We also went one day to my grandma's condo and built a gingerbread house. This event was fun for the kids, but really...more fun for the adults :-) My mom and Daniel got REALLY into it. (read: "get out of the way, Gavin, I'm decorating!" just kidding!!!)
We are doing well...Jason has been off for several days that have been a little rough due to less than adequate sleeping on the part of the kids, therefore all of us. Yes, Ezekiel, 5:20am is too early to get up. Unfortunately, if we leave him in his bed, he cries and wakes up Gavin, but if we get him up, then he rolls around in our bed (never returning to sleep) until we get up with him...its too early, but I'm not sure how this problem will be solved. I also worked Sun and Monday nights and I have found that lately after I have worked, I have a really hard time the next 24 hours or so. I feel "off." I know that part of it is being tired, but I just am in a "funk" and can't get out of it. I hate feeling like that. I feel much better today, despite waking up at 5:15am.
I am feeling good...this baby is a mover - like Ezekiel was. I remember thinking he never slept because I would feel him kick ALL the time! This baby is the same way. It moves like crazy. I like it. I thought that part of me would be sad during this pregnancy, realizing its probably my last, but honestly, I think there is some relief in that. The idea of pregnancy is a little romanticized in my mind...when I'm not pregnant, I have thoughts that it would be so great to be pregnant again...but the reality is that its hard. Its hard already having 2 kids and being pregnant. Don't get me wrong--of course I'm so thankful that we are able to have kids, that we have healthy babies...I'm just being honest in how I'm feeling right now.
And...as I knew was coming - I'm beginning to get the comments: "You still have 4 months??" or "Wow, you're really out there, huh?" My manager said to me Monday night: "wow, Carrie, you're really getting big." I said : "Ed, its not nice to tell someone they are big." He responded with: " Well you don't look fat, your belly is just poking out a lot." Thanks for the clarification. Those who saw me pregnant with Gavin and Ezekiel, however, are telling me how small I am :-) Yes, I appear to be a bit smaller than I was with the boys - so far. I'm thinking about posting a belly picture....but haven't decided yet.



1 comment:
Hey Carrie...just was looking at your blog..haven't in a while. In some pics. Ez's hair is short, and in some it's curly....and longer? what's up? Are there two Ez's? ~ Amy in Ky
Post a Comment