Today my parents celebrate being together for 34 years!! WOW--I thought 5 years was a long time...We've got a ways to go! Think of all the things you do in all that time together...the different ways you change as a person and mature...who will I be in another 29 years?? My parents love each other more today than ever, and I love that about them and their marriage. So with that, I give you my list of why I am thankful for my parents and their marriage...
1) Having parents that committed to stay together "for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live" and truly meant it.
2) Seeing the way my parents are still affectionate to each other - holding hands, kissing each other - I love seeing that.
3) Watching as they bring into focus the vision for the rest of their lives - serving the poor - somewhere!
4) Seeing my parents, both in their 50's, decide to go back to school and successfully achieving what they have been longing for their whole lives - finishing their education. My dad graduates in December and my mom graduates nursing school in December too, I think...or somewhere around there
5) Talking to my dad today as he was on his way to the store to get supplies to make my mom a 4 course vegetarian feast for dinner. What a sweet man - he doesn't even have a real kitchen - just a couple of burners and a toaster oven!
6) My parents have always been faithful to each other and God
7) They have always been honest with us kids in admitting their mistakes
8) They met in high school! How amazing is that? If I married someone I met in high school...lets just say it would not be a good situation!!
9) The security in the knowledge that my parents will never get divorced
10) Their matching cowboy boots...need I say more??
Friday, February 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I had to swallow the lump in my throat as I read your post today. I am almost speechless. What a beautiful gift of love, "Care" bear.
When we look at who you are, who you have become, we can say, "Life has been glorious."
Post a Comment