
Yesterday I had one of those days that every mom (I think every mom...) has occasionally where I felt like I was underprepared, inexperienced and failing miserably. I felt like I wasn't patient enough, wasn't consistent enough and hit the arena of frustration ridiculously easily. Experiencing yesterday made me reflect on my mom and realize how much I am thankful for her. She must have had many of those frustrating days with 3 kids under the age of 5, and I think it's hard to truly appreciate your mom until you can experience being a mom. Thats not to say those who aren't parents can't appreciate their moms...I just think for me, I guess, being a mom has made me love and respect my mom even more.
Today I am thankful!
1) For my mom staying home with us, loving us unconditionally, sacrificing for us, teaching us cool things - including the names of flowers and trees, taking us fun places and NEVER being too busy for us.
2) For Sarah being with me at Disneyland yesterday - she understood what kind of a day I was having and she was helpful with Gavin as I was trying to figure out why Ezekiel wouldn't stop screaming...
3) Being able to run with the 2 kids on Monday
4) A beautiful sunny day today for playing at the park
5) My friend Amanda who always makes me delicious cookies
6) The new lotion and body wash Amanda gave me...I can't wait to use it. OH wait, I already did...yum.
7) Getting a check in the mail yesterday that I didn't know we were going to get
8) For the 5 straight hours of sleep I got on Sunday night (and no, he hasn't done that since)
9) The hour nap I got yesterday. I really needed it
10) Time to do this right now as both boys happen to be asleep!


No comments:
Post a Comment