Friday, September 05, 2008

Roadtrip games

As I mentioned in a previous post, on the drive home from AZ, Gavin and Violet were with me for the first 5 hours, then we switched and I had Ezekiel and Violet. I had a great time with each of the boys and it was nice to have them each of them alone. With Gavin we talked, pretended we were a medical helicopter picking up injured people and taking them to the hospital. On one of our trips we picked up Santa Claus and a penguin from the North Pole. That then led to a discussion on Santa Claus that was quite lengthy and hilarious. I was trying not to laugh as I answered the questions about Santa's cell phone and where he might get in to our house this year since we don't have a chimney, but G doesn't want him to come in the front door. (I have not led him to believe in SC, but have not discouraged it either.)
We also played a game where G made funny faces while I faced the camera toward him. Don't worry, I never took my eyes off the road :-) Here are some of those pictures...




With Ezekiel, we talked a lot about how sad he was when he was with Nannie and Poppy. He had a hard time in their car for awhile because he wanted to be with G and I. He is SO attached to his brother. When I put them into different rooms for "rest time" Ezekiel will sometimes ask if G can come in with him. When I say no, he looks at me with a sad face and says: "but he's my brother (bruvver)..." I assure him that G will still be his "bruvver" after rest time too. In this picture, E is showing me his granola bar in his mouth.
I love love love my boys.
(and you too V)

No comments: