Sunday, September 28, 2008

little this, little that

I don't think you can really see in this picture, but Ezekiel has a bump on his forehead. This actually happens quite often, though less often now as he gets older. Until he turned 2, he almost always had a bump or bruise somewhere on his head. I'm shocked we haven't had to get stitches anywhere yet! I love those big blue eyes. Also, I'm thinking I'm glad we never lasered off the hemangioma on his forehead (the red spot) because it is fading and getting smaller by itself!

Last night I looked at an online cookbook my mom has been cooking with. Its amazing!! Healthy for the most part and really creative recipes. If you're interested, its www.101cookbooks.com
For dinner last night I made caramelized onions and tofu with sauteed green beans over brown rice. The boys LOVED it, as did I! I made butternut squash tonight sauteed in olive oil and garlic and both boys prayed before bed that they could eat more of it tomorrow.
Gdiaper update: I was not well prepared so I used them for about 2 days, then ran out of the inner diaper part...which I forgot to buy when I bought the starter kit. Whoops. It came with 10 diapers and that just doesn't go too far. I like them a lot so far. They are a bit bulkier than normal diapers, but I don't mind that. The cloth part has a plastic liner that snaps into it, then a "diaper" (kind of looks like a large maxi pad) gets put into that plastic liner. When V poops, it gets on the plastic liner, so it has to be washed and dried (takes about an hour), but that puts that diaper out of commission. I only have 1 other one right now so its not really doable. I just ordered 2 more cloth outer diapers and some extra plastic liners. All that to say: I'm happy with them. She has not leaked through them at all - not even overnight.
Bathtime has become more enjoyable as I can now put V in the bathtub with the boys instead of giving her a bath alone in the sink or her baby bath. She thinks its really fun and the boys love having her in there.
Dancing boys...wow do they love to dance. Its blurry, but they're in jeans and boots because they are trying to do some sort of cowboy dancing. Avalanche ranch - VBS from 2007 - is a favorite and its western music. They love it. G has also started to do his own rendition of tap dancing.

No comments: