Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dog Lover


I have always like animals, but I'm not sure I would say I'm necessarily an "animal lover." I have loved several dogs that our family has owned over my lifetime and I definitely loved Rocky (see picture above - when I was pregnant with Gavin... rip) who died while I was pregnant with Ezekiel. And now we have Shima...I don't love Shima. I'm sure I've shared before - I'm not attached to Shima and if we happened to trade her in for another dog, I would be ok (read: thrilled) with it. Jason thinks I'm evil for even verbalizing this, but its true.

My daughter, on the other hand, LOVES Shima. Every time she sees Shima she gets excited and tries to get to the dog with her movements. She doesn't mind the licking or the french kissing - YUCK!!! I don't "let" it happen, but it has before (just being honest).



(random - nothing to do with dogs...) This picture is Gavin and Violet on the couch the other morning saying good morning to each other.
Violet also LOVES Charlie, my parent's new dog. I do too!! The picture above is Charlie - he's a labradoodle - no shedding!! He's also so sweet and I would trade him for Shima in a heartbeat. I also love this picture because Violet is smiling this smile that I love.
She sits up so well now - hardly falls over at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a) you're hilarious
b) I loved Rocky too. (RIP)
c) I can't believe what a big girl Violet looks like in the picture where she's sitting up! I have to see her soon!!

Jen Epperson said...

There is something about babies and dogs--Caden is obsessed with Roxy and won't take his eyes of her. He screams with excitement when she's around and is constantly ( and sometimes successfully) trying to grab her. She too sneaks in some "kisses"...we were grossed out as well then had to get over it. :) Violet is so precious Carrie. So glad to hear you all are doing well!