Saturday, April 26, 2008

last day off...

Sadly, today marked the last day of Jason's vacation. I have recently been asked many times how its been going with 3 kids, and my reply has been: "great...because Jason has been home!" Tomorrow is officially my first full day alone with them. I'm sure it will be fine because the hardest newborn days are over. Violet has mellowed out a lot the last 2 weeks and that has been great. I have really been spoiled with Jason being home. He has gotten up with the boys almost every morning since I had Violet so I could sleep a little longer after being up many times in the middle of the night. He has done the grocery shopping most weeks and on Tuesday and Thursdays, he takes Gavin to school, then goes straight to the gym, puts Ezekiel in the child care and works out - meaning I have until 11am with just Violet. He has helped make dinners, clean up, and I have even gotten to run alone a handful of times.

Just between you and me, I wondered if I would get sick of Jason being around. I wondered if I would be ready for him to go back to work a little earlier...but, happily, I will say NO! I'm very sad he's going back. We have had a great time together - despite the stress of having a newborn, etc. Its been wonderful. But I also know it will also be good for me to figure out how I do it on my own, get into my own routine and get back to more playdates with our friends.

1 comment:

Amy said...

so How's it going...with jason working again? Hope all is good! :)