I have mentioned in previous posts about making meals for moms who have recently had babies (and you will remember the ill-fated night I took the meal to the wrong house...) and I was thinking about this today as another meal was dropped off for us. Tonight's goodies included a roast with veggies, biscuits, a salad, wine, Hershey kisses, sugar cookies, and body butter for me. I was thinking about how nice it is to be able to just put the food into bowls and eat. Not think about what we have in the cupboards, whether I need something from the store, how to cook with a baby in a sling and a 2 year old on my hip with a 4 year old trying to play catch with me...none of that. Just a meal already made. Free. SO...my thought was once Violet is a few months old, I am going to make dinner for a friend's family once a month. Not someone who just had a baby, just had surgery or just had a loved one pass away. Just another mom who needs a break from making dinner from her family. Just another mom who needs a night off from cooking...another mom like me!
And since I have mentioned my sling above, I wanted to make a comment on how I love my sling. I think I probably wrote about it when Ezekiel was a baby, but I have to revisit my love for my sling once again. Violet has gotten into the habit of crying at certain times of the day...usually afternoon and evening. I have decided not to label her with "colic" or anything like that...I do know that she cries a good deal...though some days are definitely better than others. Tonight she had been crying for about 15-20 minutes with no relief after trying every position possible so I decided to put her into the sling. Magic. She stopped crying after a minute or 2. She even fell asleep for a bit as we were playing "dance party" as a family. Kind of like musical chairs but with dancing. You have to freeze when the music stops. Fun was had by all and I enjoyed seeing Jason dance...as that is a very infrequent event!
Monday, April 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
This is a great idea! I love it.
Post a Comment