Friday, May 02, 2008

Our Friday night Birthday Party

I love how Gavin and Ezekiel play together. They were outside this morning for an hour or so collecting snails and putting them an empty sandbox, then they covered them with towels so they won't be cold at night. Very thoughtful. Here is a picture Gavin took.
Tonight we had a birthday party for Shima. How did this come about...you ask? Well...we were driving to a park to play with some friends and Gavin and I had a long conversation about dying, what heaven is like, etc. He told me he didn't want to die because he doesn't want to miss any birthday parties. Then he asked if Shima is going to die. Then he asked why we don't have a birthday party for Shima. I love the way his mind works. He connects all these thoughts and asks so many questions! SO...I suggested we make a cake and celebrate Shima's birthday today. Of course the boys thought that was a great idea. We made her a cake, invited my parents over and when Jason got home from work, put candles in the cake and sang to Shima. Great fun.

The birthday dog
A warm day outside with blueberries!
Violet, why are you so pretty???? I love the chunk her little body is getting.
Tuesday night downtown HB - Becky took this picture(amazing photographer) - OH- and speaking of Becky, if you are looking for a unique baby gift, gift for a kid or a maternity shirt, check out Becky's business website : www.lollipopdesignsinc.com Some really cool stuff!!
Violet enjoys Tuesday nights too
Violet has been sleeping so much better the last 2 days! Becky gave me a "swaddle me" type blanket where she stays in the swaddle and I think that is what has helped. She had a 5 1/2 hour stretch last night - longest she's gone so far, I think. She also took a 3 hour nap yesterday and 2 1/2 hour nap today (I had to wake her up so we could go to the store). Its so nice getting a nice chunk of sleep. I feel amazing not waking up every 2 or 3 hours! And we have had 3 days of Jason at work this week and its been...easy. There are frustrating moments here and there, but who doesn't have those? I feel blessed to have so much time to be with my babies while they are small!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow. A birthday party for Shima?! I am giving you 8000 bonus points for this, C. Did you give her a big, sloppy birthday kiss too? ;) Cute pictures... Violet looks like she is smiling a little easier now!? a.k.a. it doesn't take two grown adults cooing in her face in high pitch voices for 30 minutes straight?! haha I miss you! I miss those adorable kids!!!!

Anonymous said...

Violet is so cute, and purple really does look good on her. :) She's growing up so fast!