Thursday, February 01, 2007

It's A Girl!




Today, February 1st, we welcome a new baby girl into our family. Addison Sarah Fitzpatrick was born this morning and gosh is she a beauty! She is SO adorable. We went to see her and take Sarah some lunch this afternoon and as I held her, my thoughts and feelings tumbled around my head...


I have spoken with several others mothers about this, and its a crazy phenomenon that happens to women who are moms, and women who want to become mothers at some time. You hear that someone is pregnant, or has had a baby and all these crazy emotions flood over you. It's almost a jealousy that the other person is going to experience these amazing feelings of a baby growing inside, or the excitement of labor and seeing your child face to face after many months of waiting.


Even at times when I normally would not want to become pregnant or have a child (like right after I had Ezekiel) I have felt these things. I have struggled to push them away, but I think it is just natural to experience them. It is natural to want to have those feelings again, because there is not another experience that can compare to seeing a child and holding that child after having felt it inside you for months. After praying for that child, hoping and dreaming for that child, then finally seeing the completion of God's handywork in your arms...words cannot describe. It is a miracle. Not in a cliche meaningless term, but a true miracle.


All that to say, I can honestly say I am not jealous of Mark and Sarah. I am excited for them and joyously celebrating with them. But there is that yearning in my heart that desires that as well...and whether that happens or not is God's plan.

4 comments:

Amy said...

AWWW!!! Thank you so much for putting these pictures on your blog! :) I am SO SO excited for them to finally have had their baby! Sarah's waited a LONG time. (I sympathize with her...I've got 23 days left! :) ) Your'e right, she is beautiful! ~ Amy

Bethany said...

I completely agree with your sentiments, Carrie. Anytime I hear of a new pregnancy or a baby being born I spend a few minutes thinking about my own experience and how amazing the whole thing was. I can't wait to do it again and I live vicariously through every other brand new mother. Congratulations on your beautiful new niece!

Keri said...

You say it all too perfectly, Carrie. I want it too... everytime I know someone that experiences. I have this pang in my heart. It is such a celebration. And if we should ever have another, only God knows. But I am so thankful I have the memories of my TWO moments like Sarah had yesterday!!! Congrats.

sfitz said...

I got tears in my eyes reading this, it really is on point. Thanks for sharing from your heart, and for being so excited for us. We love you!!