Saturday, February 03, 2007

Butterflies and Gatorade

As dawn arrives tomorrow morning, so does a day I have been working toward for several months. The culmination of many hours of training, and the sacrifice of Jason and others to help me get to this point collide into the goal of: Race Day. I have had many butterflies and more than a few glasses of Gatorade. My body is ready, but my mind is anxious.
There is not a doubt in my mind of whether I will finish. I have the times for each mile written on my bib for me to achieve my goal...and I'm the first to admit--it is a lofty goal...but for me, I would rather strive for something that will challenge me, than settle for "good-enough."
So...off I go to shower and toss and turn until the alarm at 4:30am...
good night!

4 comments:

sfitz said...

I can't wait to hear all about it!! i'm praying for you right now!

Dan said...

i know you will do great (probably already broke the record by now considering it is 9:11 AM Sunday morning!. we are so proud of you!
Dan

bethany said...

I am rooting for you today! Wish I was there to cheer for you as you make it across the line. I know that you will do great.

Amy said...

Hope all went well Carrie, with your run! :) I can't wait to hear from you! Amy