Tuesday, January 06, 2009

New Christmas Eve Tradition(catching up)

I, like many women I know (and some men) LOVE traditions. I think they are what make families and holidays special. Or they are a big part of that.

Growing up, we never did anything "Christmasy" on Christmas Eve because it is my brother Daniel's birthday. My parents didn't want him to feel like he didn't have a special day, so we never opened presents (well he did!), went to a service at church or sang carols to our neighbors. Don't think we would have done that anyways, but anywhoo...

This year, I wanted to do something different on Christmas Eve. I guess everyone else in the US already does this, but I bought new PJ's for all the kids and a new bikini brief for Jason and had them open them that night. It was fun for them to open something and fun to start a new tradition. Just kidding about Jason and the bikini brief. I hope that gave you a good mental picture, though.

Those cute boys

The kiddos with their new PJ's on!

Earlier in the day, we were at my parent's house baking more cookies and watching the Sound of Music (not Jason and my dad! They went to the shooting range...) and Violet had her first frozen blueberries. She LOVED them!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I was like, WWWWWHHAAAAAAAAT? Why would you post that! (about the bikini brief.) That's hilarious. I don't know about it being a "good" mental picture though, me being his sister and all.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Christmas PJs have been a tradition in my family for as long as I can remember! We didn't get them on Christmas Eve this year and I felt jipped. : ) Traditions are the best!

Jen Epperson said...

I totally tried to justify it in my head that you were talking about that you gave him a decathalon swim trunks or something. Whew, thank goodness. :) Jon's family has a PJ tradition on Christmas Eve so we started it this year with Caden. So fun!

pamela prince said...

I WAS trying to get my mind around that for a moment but then I thought maybe, just maybe, it was something necessary for all that bike riding or triathalon stuff. Honestly, I at least wouldn't have said anything.