Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Christmas (still catching up)

Just a few more posts, and I can join 2009...this is Christmas. Ok...3 Christmas celebrations in ONE day. Yes, it took us several days to recover.
In reverse chronological order (since I'm lame at uploading pictures) starting with our THIRD Christmas:
Christmas with the Gregory's
Angela, glowing beautifully
My parents got the boys Plasma cars - they love them. As for colors, my mom asked me if it was ok to get Ezekiel pink ...and I said of course! He loves pink right now, and thats ok with us.

Dad got a new wetsuit for swimming...maybe a triathlon with Jason in the near future??
My and my girl
I'm sporting a new scarf from my mom...and my adorable 3-year old

The girls in "turtle fur" - keeps ears warm during running - and wow do we look silly :)
Cheers!
Jason, Gavin and Dad waiting to open stockings

*There was a cute picture of Daniel and Violet here but I accidentally deleted it. Too much work to upload again, so use your imagination :)
On to Christmas # TWO

Christmas with the Prince/Fitzpatrick 's
Dancing EzekielAddison's Blue Steel Look
I think this is funny because this is a facial expression that G often gives me when he's mildly annoyed with me - in this case, asking for a picture with his new jeans

Matching girls - couldn't get a picture of both of them looking/smiling
And on to the last...or the first actually - Christmas # 1
Our Christmas at Home
Something new we did this year - Jason took Ezekiel and I took Gavin to the 99 cent store and they each picked out presents for our little family. Above are the darling shoes Gavin picked for Violet...when I was going through her closet yesterday cleaning out clothes/shoes that no longer fit, he was very worried I was giving away those sandals :) Of course not! Even though they are too small for her...
The boys chose swords for each other
Jason and I were excited for Christmas and delighted in watching our kid's faces as they experienced this day

Before doing anything...these boys are excited!
We had a great Christmas full of lots of family, time together (J had 5 days off in a row!) and celebrating Jesus(we even sang Happy Birthday to Jesus after reading the Christmas story together at breakfast). I love that my boys are at ages they understand more and more. Gavin was so cute after opening each present: "thanks, Mom, I really needed a pack of gum!" So thankful for each thing he received.
I think we are still evolving in our family traditions...one thing I really like that some people I've heard of doing (Clark Family :)) is giving the kids 3 presents each year(each one with a different meaning) - like the 3 wisemen did for Jesus. Maybe we'll do that next year...though this year I didn't go out and load the kids up with toys I know they don't need. I was very specific in the things I bought them and they only received a few presents - and stocking stuffers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We did the three present thing with our kids and I think we'll keep that as our tradition. I also had Ben pick out a present for Addie, and Addie picked out a present for Ben (with his help). :-) I liked that no one went crazy with gifts this year. One good thing that has come from this economy.