Monday, October 06, 2008

Great day for a picnic

As always, the pictures are out of order - but today we decided it was a great day for a picnic...
"take a picture of us licking our cookies, mom"
Yummy
Cute girl
I like her facial expression here
picnic! boys are wrestling, V is smiling at me
always getting great kisses from the boys
It took about 15 tries to get one where they are all looking and semi(V)smiling
Those boys - they are best buds
more cookie licking

Did I mention we ran to the park?? I decided to get a workout out of it, so I ran and the boys took turns on G's scooter. It might just be me - but I think Ezekiel is going to be a great runner someday. He wanted to run next to me a good part of the way! He was sweaty and tired but just kept going. It was 3 miles each way and the boys ran/rode the scooter for at least half of it if not more. They were so tired tonight!
"push me mom!"

V watching from her stroller as the boys are on the swings
It was a great day. It was hot in the sun, but there was a nice breeze. We got to the park, ate lunch, boys played, V played on the blanket in the shade and I even got some reading in. I enjoyed the time with the kids a lot. Plus this morning we made muffins together. I love that the boys love to cook with me! This week J is on a different schedule for some training, so he was home by 4pm. So great to have dinner as a family more than 1-2 times a week!
Night #2 update: V woke up at 1 and cried for a few minutes before going back to sleep. Woke again at 3:00 - let her cry 20 min before going in to feed her. I think 20 min is where I'm going to go in...at least for now.
Good night!



1 comment:

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Hey Carrie, looks like a really fun day! Wish I didn't have to be cooped up inside when it's an indian summer!!!

My cousin Carlee was just telling me that she wants a BOB now that #2 is almost here. I think I remember you saying you scored on a deal somewhere, so when you see her at church next time, will you let her know?! Thanks!

Jen