Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I've had better, but I've had worse too.

Today was not the worse day I've ever had - not by far. But it also wasn't the best day either. I had a dr appt and found out that, as I suspected, I most likely have a "ventral" hernia - from my last pregnancy. I'm going for an ultrasound next week and then it will be determined if I need to go to a surgeon to have it surgically repaired. Bummer.
Then after I picked Gavin up from school and had lunch with Ang and Grace at Mother's, I took Violet to the Dr because of this dang rash. Turns out I probably should have taken her in a little sooner. The Dr thinks she has a rash that started as strep throat probably a month ago and turned into a diaper rash (it can do that??) which then spread to her whole body. WHAT?? I've never heard of it. But then again, I'm not a peds nurse. I held off on taking her back in because she didn't have a fever that I ever noticed, was eating, drinking, pooping, and peeing normally. She was playful and happy for the most part and that's usually what determines if a baby is sick or not. So after a culture of her rash, a culture of her throat, and blood draws from both arms, we made it home with antibiotics which will hopefully heal this PLUS HER DOUBLE EAR INFECTIONS. I'm sure not getting "Mother of the Year" today.
trying to get her to "cheeeeeeze" with me (i'm the only one over-enthusiastically "cheezing")
Just showing some pictures of this rash - this picture I just missed her open eyes, but its cute because she's saying "cheese" and you can see some of the rash (and her fourth tooth coming in)
and on her back

poor sweet girl. lets hope/pray the antibiotics clear everything up SOON!



1 comment:

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Poor baby! Sorry to hear about all the Prince women ailments!!!