Thursday, June 28, 2007

Laundry and my Love-Hate Feelings

I love laundry because I get clean clothes when I do it. I hate laundry because it is endless and I never seem to get to it when I want to.
Today alone I restarted the dryer 4 times to "get the wrinkles out" and didn't get around to folding that load until 9pm. I have been known to leave clothes in the washer washed...but mildew-ing for several days. This is honesty, guys. Shameful but true.
I'm not sure what my aversion is, but I have a really hard time remembering to get around to the laundry.
This morning, I pulled our sheets off to wash them. No problem, carrie. You can get this done today. Hmmm...5 minutes ago I put on our FLANNEL sheets because our "summer" sheets are wet in the washer. I'm not sure what is more disheartening - the fact that I couldn't get that done today or the fact that we only have 2 sets of sheets...
cheers.

6 comments:

Amy said...

DITTO!!! (we needs a maid!)

sfitz said...

I have a load in the washer and a load in the dryer that have been in there since 8 this morning.

You're not alone.

Kelly said...

I often leave laundry in over night. It is one of my least favorite chores. We actually only have one set of sheets!!

pamela prince said...

Mildew is typical in our household-either pee-pee laundry mildewing or the clean stuff in the washer. Take your pick!

Amy said...

haah! it is great to know that "I'm" not alone in the laundry tasking! and ...we only have 2 sets also! :) Great subject here!!

Rick Gregory said...

It must be hereditary. We only have one set . . .