Those of you who know me well - and maybe those who don't know me so well - have heard me talk about the hardship of my running stroller. I'm not proud that many times I have complained that it is so hard to run with, the tires are bad, its super heavy...etc. I have been praying for a new stroller for about a year. I got the stroller for $50 used from a friend and I was able to use it until just recently when I decided that there is no way I can run with it anymore. I have tendinitis in my wrist and the stroller makes my wrist sore for a week...I guess I'm trying to say that I have not wanted another stroller just because I want a better one. I just need a new one (new to me) if I want to continue running with the kids.
I have regularly looked on craigslist and ebay for strollers. I did not really want to buy a new one, because I didn't want to spend $300-500 since that is the cost of a good double jogger. As I was looking through craigslist Saturday morning, my pulse jumped as I saw a "Baby Jogger Twinner" for sale...Baby Jogger is the brand I have been praying for. Seriously. Ok, so it was listed Thursday and I thought there was no way...I wrote the # down and forgot to take it when I left that morning (I thought 6:45am might be too early to call). I forgot the # and had my dad look it up for me and called later that morning, bracing myself for disappointment.
I was shocked to find out it was still available!
Off to Laguna Beach yesterday afternoon and I got the pleasure of seeing God's provision for ME! I paid $160 for a stroller that was $500 3 years ago. It is used but it has everything I wanted...big tires, a light frame, easy maneuvering...can't wait to use it tomorrow! Thanks Lord!
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Woohoo! You'll have to post a pic of you and kidlets on your first run!
So....How'd the run go?? That is such a cool story of God providing something so specific and perfect; just what you wanted when you needed it! I hope you love it and have so much fun (and of course, no more wrist pain!)
I love hearing your perspecitve on finances and material things, Carrie. You are an example to me by your careful assessment of "things" in your life. Rather than just running out and getting a stroller - even though you had good reason to - you waited on the Lord and allowed him to bless you. That is awesome.
Oopps....sorry. The comment above if from me - Bethany Plumb!
Post a Comment