excitement and exhilaration....Infatuation and obsession...Falling in love creates these passionate feelings but so do other things in life - occasionally. Running is one of them. For me. Running metaphors can be used in many areas of our lives, including our spiritual walk. Recently I have seen it as a love affair. One day I feel the excitement and love every step - I am rejuvenate by the intensity of the long miles and the body fatigue of finishing a long run. Then another day I am mad - I don't want to run today! Especially pushing the kids, against the wind, without my music, needing to stop every 3 minutes to pick up a sippy cup or bag of snacks...but I do it because I need to. It is a choice and when I am done I am glad. Not glad that I'm done, but glad that I went. And really, my marriage/love affair with my husband is like that too. Some days I am that infatuated girl that fell for him 8 years ago...and some days I'm tired of picking up the dirty socks and working so hard to communicate well...but I do it and in the end I'm glad.
I committed to running a marathon about 1-2 months ago, so here is a quick update for those of you who care :-) I am running 4-5 days a week...my long run is up to 17 miles this week. Last Saturday I ran 16.5 and felt amazing the whole time. I do think I'm going to lose one of my toenails, but that is the only issue I have so far. My long-ago knee injury has not resurfaced as I was fearful it would. So things are going great!
I'll try to get to a list later, when I'm not listening to Ezekiel scream (so is that a "no" on the morning nap again, Ez?)


1 comment:
I love this! You are a very good writer!! It made me want to go running. No really, it did!
Post a Comment