Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Happy Birthday Ezekiel - 1 day late.












On one hand, it seems like just yesterday I was pregnant with Ezekiel. On the other hand, it seems like he's always been a part of our family. I'm so happy with our 2 boys. (YES, I still want 1 more...in the not-so-near future) As the days go by, I am baffled by how different our boys are. As Ezekiel has lived 1 year, I have learned how to be a different mom. One little "no" does not suffice with this one. OH NO! He is stubborn and determined. He is passionate about what he loves or WHO he loves (apparently only me right now) and will make sure everyone knows when he is not happy. His way or the highway, at this point. With some kids (Gavin)you would never know they are teething. With Ezekiel, we are trying to figure out what the HECK is wrong with him to make him so irratable/fussy/impatient/edgy/whiney....must be the teeth?? I always comment on him being "high maintenance" and while I do believe he is more of a challenge for me than Gavin was/is...of course that doesnt' mean I don't love every inch of him and even when he cries and whines endlessly, he is my baby boy and I would never trade him. I love his sparkling eyes that light up when I walk in the room. I love his deep laugh that comes so easily when he is tickled or playing with Gavin. I love his fat rolls and his speed crawl. I love that he knows what he wants and will do whatever he can in his power to get it. If he doesn't want to take a nap, dang it, he WILL cry for over an hour to prove it. Where did he get his stubborn streak (shoot...)?? I pray that he will grow up to be a man who loves God and is faithful to that endlessly...that his current passion for things like me, remote controls and our backyard will evolve into passions for Gods' word, the poor and needy of the world, and our Savior.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Ezekiel! :) (from Kentucky!)