Random thoughts in no particular order.....
The dryer buzzed and I opened the door to put the hot clothes into the basket to be folded. This was actually my third time turning the dryer on for 10 minutes to get the wrinkles out. Good thing I had gotten the wrinkles out of the dryer drum. No clothes. Great. Nothing to fold right now then. Have you ever done that??
So the last week has flown by. Easter celebration at school(gavin), first baths(violet) MOPS, diapers, nursing, diapers and more nursing. It has been a good week and will be a better weekend, since we are celebrating Jesus' resurrection!
On Saturday, we were so excited that our friend Isaiah James McRae was born!! Sally and I had a really cool journey together in our pregnancies and we have been anticipating Isaiah's arrival for a few weeks! We visited Isaiah and Sally in the hospital Monday and Sally and I laughed because our babies are so similar. They are 1 oz apart (Violet is larger), both 21 inches and both have a headful of dark hair.
The kids went to my parent's house yesterday and spent a few hours with my mom dying Easter eggs. They LOVED it!! Ezekiel was so proud of his eggs. All of them are now cracked and falling apart, but this doesn't seem to bother him. Gavin is also very proud of his, but keeps them on a shelf high up so that they are safe from his brother.
Violet is doing well. She had her 2 week check-up today...nothing eventful. She is perfect! She has gained over a pound since birth so she is now 9 lbs 7 oz.
Another blog to come that has been formulating in my head are the trips both my dad and father-in-law recently returned from - both in Africa. Violet kind of stole the spotlight...but when I get a chance (whenever that is...) I will get my thoughts down...
Have a wonderful Easter - all 5 of you who read this :-)
Sorry for the lack of pictures. Jason has the camera with all the recent pictures.
Friday, March 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
The other day I went to take a load of clothes out of the washing machine to put into the dryer only to realize I had filled it up with water and soap and let it do its entire cycle, but had never put any clothes in. So, I hear you.
Hey Carrie, I always read your blog...wouldn't miss a picture or story of those kids for anything! Great stories; hey, at least you remembered you needed to do laundry! love to you all from London! Papa Dan
Post a Comment