The most challenging job I have ever undertaken is becoming a mom. It is exhausting, emotionally draining, chaotic and for many years, thankless (from the kids). It requires patience, love, time, energy, gentleness, self-control, tolerance, organization, and commitment...among many other things...
His eyes were shining with excitement and anticipation as he handed me the bag. The joy he exuded was contagious and I couldn't help myself but to also feel excited. I opened the bag and found the gift he had carefully constructed for me. I was filled with an indescribable emotion...a wave of overwhelming love. I thanked Gavin for my beautiful gift and he lifted his little red lips up for a kiss. This makes it all worth it. Moments like this. And then I am pounded down with a wave of feelings...thankful, in love, content, amazed....in this moment, all the hard things fade away and I am surrounded by the bond of a mother with her children.
Of course I take this moment to reflect on my own mom. She has evolved into such a committed friend to me. She is one of my biggest supporters. She loves me (and my family) unconditionally. I am so thankful for my mom, her pursuit of Jesus and her role in my life.
To those of you who are moms...be encouraged. We are called to this role for a reason. We are showing Jesus to our kids. Love Jesus and your kids will see that in you.
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Pre-Cameron, I would have thought this post was sweet, and just that. Having Cameron, this brought tears to my eyes and made me sooo excited for him to get big like Gavin and be able to talk and do sweet things like that. What a perfect day for you!
You nailed it, this is beautiful.
i miss your family.
Post a Comment