It is amazing that Gavin even took a nap on Saturday with all the anticipation of the evening that included many of his favorite people (yes, there are many more favorites...just being dramatic). We had a belated birthday party for Bethany as she and Daniel were in town for classes for their Masters program. It was great to be able to spend time with my family - my parents, and both my brothers and sister-in-laws. We had some good Mexican food margaritas and wine and then strawberries picked from our backyard on our vanilla ice cream. We treasure time together as a whole family more and more because it is now less frequent with D and B living in San Francisco.
We also got to see 2 of Gavin's other favorite people earlier in the day...we had breakfast with Jason's parents to celebrate Mothers Day with them. We had a great breakfast at Mimi's and even though Ezekiel was having a difficult morning, he made it through breakfast with minimal screaming and throwing of food.
Today after church, we had lunch with Daniel, Bethany, Daniel's friend and my parents (no jason--back to work). We had Daphne's Greek food which is one of my favorite places to eat and the highlight of the day for the boys was the huge fountain they took trips around with different family members. We were bummed to say good-bye to D and B, but I think I'm going to head up to SF with the kids for a few days in June. That way we can see them and hopefully some other family up there - Darren, Pam, Jesse and Luci!
I wanted to quickly mention something I learned at church today...one thing that our pastor said that stuck out to me was about teaching our children to have a "moral imagination" instead of a rulebook. He basically said that they have 5 rules for 5 situations and will most likely venture away from Christianity because it has just been taught as a set of rules to follow. If you can teach your child that our love for Jesus is all encompassing and teach them how that involves every day of life and all situations, they are much more likely not to venture away from their walk with Christ when they gain freedoms such as driving and college. That really makes sense to me...I love that phrase "moral imagination." I am currently thinking through how to "live intentionally" not only for myself and my life, but for my kids.


1 comment:
I miss you. I miss getting to hang out at the Gregory Get-Togethers.
Ez is changing so quickly. His face! It's getting so much more little-boyish alllll the time!
LOVE!!!
Post a Comment