Gavin is writing the prelude to the blog:
"I love you Kristen and Ryan. Kristen loves Mommy. Kristen loves Gavin. Thank you for the Bible Nannie."
As I drove home from work today, I wavered between going to church this morning or just staying home. I worked last night and Jason worked today...meaning no sleep time for me. I decided to go anyways and I'm so glad I did. Listening to the sermon this morning I had the experience where I heard things about Jesus that I have never heard before. Doesn't happen very often for those of us raised in the church. It seems that the same verses are used repeatedly with slightly different angles. The church I am going to right now is not like that. The pastor has fresh and life changing insight. He doesn't snatch a verse out of a book and ignore the original context to create an appealing message for his congregation. He studies the context of the text and teaches what was going on in the surrounding text and the meaning behind verses that I have never heard. One of the points he touched on this morning is that Jesus is the foretaste of the future...everyone shares in Jesus' future and that future began at resurrection. Did you know that God sees us just as He sees Jesus?
I could continue, but I have to clean up the kitchen and get to bed... I'm so excited to be at a church where I feel so "fed." I have never been to a church like it. The feel is different...I am surrounded by people who love Jesus and want to understand how to love others and be the hands and feet of Jesus in very literal and realistic ways.
Blessings as you begin a new week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
carrie, I miss you! hope you're doing well this week :)
Love that kiddo. LOVE HIM.
Post a Comment