"Mom you are a good mom."
He just said this to me during dinner. I asked him who said that (thinking it must have been somthing he overheard) and he told me God told him. Gosh, I guess I can't argue with that. What a sweet moment with my little "big" boy.
Today I had a wonderfully relaxing day. I ran a long run, browsed through Old Navy, Target and Children's Orchard with no one pulling at my leg or running through the aisles. I sat at Java City and finished my book and ate my lunch at home, also reading. It was great. Honestly, I love the time away, but as I pulled up to Becky's...I was recharged, relaxed, rested and ready to see my boys. We had a nice dinner of "make your own pizzas" and the boys are currently playing on our bed. Almost bath time.
As I was browsing through the stores I was half-heartedly searching for "Easter clothes." I was looking at cute shirts for the boys, and I started to really think about what I was doing. I had a flashback to last year, when on the Saturday night before Easter, I went to Target at 9pm to find an "Easter outfit." I remember feeling slightly panicked that I might not find anything cute and what a tragedy that would be...I think about that story and a different line of thinking rudely intrudes. Why do you need a new outfit, Carrie? Do you not have a closet full of clothes? What is this consumerism that drives you? Makes you feel like you will not be good enough if the clothes on your back are not freshly woven and shipped from Bangladesh with the still shiny look of new?
I try and ignore it--I want something new. But I know the truth in my soul.
Jesus has RISEN! He was raised from the dead after dying for ME and MY SIN...that message is miraculous and powerful and it has nothing to do with me or my clothes.
Thursday, April 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
wonderful post, Carrie; I think it was well written, and perfectly clear. Great heart for our Lord and what is important!
Dan
Post a Comment