Sunday, April 22, 2007

A few nights ago around 8:30pm I was folding laundry in the living room when I happened to glance down the hall to Gavin's room. I had left the door cracked, but it was all the way open, so I went to investigate. Upon entering, I immediately noticed the lack of child in bed (I had put him to bed about 40 minutes earlier)..."Gavin??" No answer. Hmm...not in the bathroom...so I looked into my bedroom and as I came through the doorway my emotions careened between laughter and anger. Gavin was laying on our bed with his hands behind his head, relaxing on my pillow as he watched the screen saver (of all of our pictures) on the computer. The look on his face when he realized I was there was priceless. He was caught. And he knew it! He said "Mom, I just wanted to see the pictures!" Then he started crying because by the look on my face, I'm pretty sure he was expecting a very swift and severe consequence. He ran into his room and jumped into bed as I followed and turned off his music for his consequence. Later when Jason took him to the bathroom before we went to bed, Gavin told Jason in his partial slumber state that he was a trickster. Yes you are, Gavin.
I can't believe that 1 week from today my best friend Kristen will be married. Time has flown and all of a sudden I need to start thinking about packing! If I don't get to posting before we go, I will post when we get home with pictures. Gavin is more than a little excited to be the ring bearer and I am thrilled to be one of Kristen's matrons-of-honor. This is an exciting time and its fun to be a part of it! Have a great week!!

No comments: