Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sugar-Free Me! (and jason!)

On March 4th, Jason and I decided to go on a month fast from sugar. We both agree that we eat way too much of it and consequently, so does Gavin. It came about after I read an article in the Henry's Market magazine about "detox." So...we are detoxing from sugar - and its not too bad! I thought it would be horribly difficult, but once you are out of the habit of munching on...say...peeps or candy hearts (oh wait, thats Jason)...more like ice cream and frozen chocolate kisses for me...so like I was saying - once you are out of the habit, its pretty easy! You find much healthier alternatives to snack on.
With that said, I've got some thankfulness in me -

*The plethora of sugar-free products (hey - I gotta have something to spice up my morning coffee!)

* Dinner with Dan and Judy on Monday night at Pat and Oscars

*The new play "thing" our neighbors gave us - with stuff to climb and a little slide

*Not going over on our cell phone bill this month - AND- having a home phone that works

* The last few days with Jason and the kids have been really fun - just spending time together as a family

*Watching Gavin play with Jason - he loves playing with his daddy so much. That is a special bond that I'm so thankful for. I can't imagine raising my kids alone!

And with that....good night! I'm off to scrounge something up for my dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie,

I hung out with your brother and sister-in-law tonight...they are super cool people! I'm so excited they live up here now. Wow, small world. I hope you are doing well. I'm looking forward to chatting with ya when we're up for Kristen's wedding.

-Holly Sharp