Most of you who know me also know that my birthday is the best day of the year for me. I guess there is an exception on the years I've had my babies, but besides that...I live for my birthday. This all goes back to my childhood when my mom made my birthday the best day ever for me. She brought up a handwritten menu early in the morning into my bedroom for me to choose whatever I desired for breakfast - in bed. I got to do what I wanted (within reason!) on my birthday, chose our meal whether it be homemade or at a restaurant, and chose dessert. The best was when my birthday fell on Saturday - that meant I was also exempt from chores for the weekend! As I got older, of course things changed - but my mom still did special things for me every year. Two years ago, I had worked the night before and I arrived home to find a Starbucks coffee, cherry almond scone and a mylar birthday balloon on the doorstep of our apartment...I remember getting choked up because it is one of those thoughtful things my mom has done that I will never forget. Some might say this is a lot for Jason to live up too...but really, no one does it like my mom and thats ok!! Things are different now - I won't even see my mom this year on my birthday - but thats ok too - I know when we hang out the day after, she will make me feel loved and special like she always does - but especially on my birthday!!
So...
1) My birthday is 1 week from today!!
2) The fun day we had yesterday at the 4th of July parade, then the bar-b-q with some of our friends last night
3) Ez going down at our friend's house so we could stay past 7pm
4) Dan and Judy coming over Monday night so we could go out with some friends from Jason's class and their wives/girlfriends
5) Seeing Jason and Angela's new condo - its so nice - and super close to us!
6) Gavin asking me at least 10 times today if we were on our way to "the block" - the Discovery Science Museum - and me responding 10 times "no, Gav, we are going Thursday, and that is tomorrow" with the utmost patience...
7) Getting some errands done today even though Gavin could have had a melt-down at any moment (bed at 10pm last night!) - oh yeah, he DID have 1 meltdown, but very easily turned around with the promise of a juice taster in TJ's
8) The mall on Monday with Mom
9) Sales at the Gap and Baby Gap
10) Buying jeans in a size I haven't worn since around when I got married - feels so good!
11) Gavin is counting the days until HIS birthday...have I succeeded in infusing birthday zeal into my son too???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love that you love birthdays!You can always count on me to at least remember and (hopefully) make a big deal out of it. Love you...
Post a Comment