Saturday, May 16, 2009

mothers day, grace and clean cars

I had a great Mothers Day that started with a long run (marathon in 2 weeks!). I came home to flowers from our yard and 3 homemade cards (jason, G and E) that were sweet and thoughtful with pictures even pasted on(I love homemade cards). We had crepes for brunch and then in the afternoon enjoyed a bar-b-q at the Fitzpatrick house. It was a great day.
The Friday before Mother's Day I got to go to a Mother's Day Tea at Gavin's school. It was so sweet and Gavin was so excited for me to be there. He escorted me to my seat and sat in my lap as we enjoyed muffins and juice. When asking Gavin what I should wear he said: "if you wear a dress, you'll be the prettiest mom there, so I think you should wear a dress." So cute. So yes, I wore a dress :)



Now we are backtracking...2 weeks ago, Violet fell off our front step and skinned her nose. Poor girl - she was still sick too so I was constantly wiping the scab. Here she is giving a silly smile for the camera.
That same weekend Jason was gone on a weekend camping trip/triathlon so the kids and I decided to wash cars and surprise Jason...we all had fun washing...or actually just playing in the water.


Also that Saturday, I helped put on a baby shower for Kristen. It was a fun, intimate shower that was very enjoyable - with many delicious things to eat!! Kristen is due in Sept with baby #1 and its fun to watch her as she transitions to a new part of life.
I think this is from 2 weeks ago when we had Grace for the day...the boys LOVE to be helpful feeding Grace her bottle and trying to soothe her when she cries. We had Grace for a few hours yesterday and when she was fussy, Violet was bringing her books to look at. She also tried to clean Grace's face with baby wipes - not sure that helped the fussy situation...

So thats a tidbit...Like I've said before - I just don't have the time to update like I used to!! The kids are doing great. FINALLY everyone is healthy...and I'm hoping that lasts longer than a week or 2. We're looking forward to the summer when we have more time to play and go to the beach. We are also moving this summer - so we're trying to figure out all the details with that - where we're going to move and all that.
Jason's great too...he's doing another race this Sunday in Encinitas. You may be wondering how I feel about all these races? The cool thing is we talk about it if he wants to do one. He is very considerate and would never sign up for one if I said it was a bad day or something. I have seen Jason come alive being involved in training and with his team - MSM- and I love it. I love the discipline I see in his training and I think its such a great example to our kids. You can love Jesus and do triathlons - or whatever you are passionate about. Days we are both home usually include training for both of us and we just work it out so we both have time to do something. Its great! :) Oh - and speaking of training...my marathon is 2 weeks from tomorrow! Last week, one of my knees started bothering me which is a bummer, but hey - its not the end of the world. I'm still going to run the marathon...just maybe a little slower than I want to. And yeah, I'm ok with that:)


No comments: