Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Happy Birthday MOM!



I have not been very good about mentioning all my family members on their birthdays...sometimes I just don't have time! But today I do...and of course I have to mention today is my Mom's birthday!! She is an amazing woman...I'm proud she is my mom. A few reasons why I think she is super fantastic:

*She is always available to me, whether to chat on the phone, give me (asked for) child-rearing advice, watch the kids so I could run when Violet was only a month or 2 old...etc. She is always available to me. One time I remember specifically: Violet was a few weeks old and was crying a lot every day. I figured she had colic. One night she cried 3 hours straight. The next morning she was crying again and I called my mom (she was at work!) and told her I didn't know what to do. I was crying and she talked me through it and made a few suggestions. That's just one of many, many, many examples.

*She loves my kids almost as much as I do... :-)

*She is really smart...did you know she went back to school 8 years ago...got her Bachelors in Criminal Justice, her RN in an accelerated program and just got her Masters? Yeah, she's smart.

*She knows me SOOOOOO well - meaning she also knows my struggles and how best to encourage me

*She is a great listener

*She is SO generous!!

*I feel like she is my personal cheerleader in life
*Most importantly...she loves Jesus with everything in her


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I LOVE YOU!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to a fantastic woman. We are all blessed to know her. Happy (belated) Birthday to Sherry!
Judy