Saturday, January 19, 2008

I eat my words...once again

I guess I have been less than stellar with my blogging recently mostly because I haven't taken many pictures of the kids and that is what usually motivates me to blog. I have a few pictures, but don't really want to go to the trouble of downloading them from the camera right now. Just a quick update on whats going on with us...we are enjoying the sunny days - being outside and in the backyard more is wonderful. Yesterday we spent a few hours in Laguna with Judy, Sarah and the kids and that was great fun for the kids - except when a seagull stole Pirates booty out of Ezekiel's hand. Then, as I was trying to quiet his traumatized screams, another bird stole what was left out of his other hand! I have never seen such aggressive birds - needless to say - we had to move to another location to eat lunch! Today we hung out with my mom at the park with a delicious lunch from Mother's and some great mothering advice from my mom(asked for and desperately appreciated!).


My baby appointment on Tuesday was great...nothing really to share...baby's growing, belly's growing and we are at about 7.5 weeks to go! We continue to negotiate on names...


And the most exciting news of the household - especially to one 4-year-old is that Gavin is starting preschool on Tuesday. In January, you ask? YES. And if you are a committed blog-reader of mine, you will recall a blog where I was quite adamant that no, my son was not going to do preschool this year and I listed several reasons...well...here is where I eat my words! Many reasons that I don't really care to list are what back this decision and we are all excited about it. Its at a church close to our house and will be 2 days a week, from 9-12am. We met the teacher and the other kids on Thursday and Gavin has been counting down the days until Tuesday will come and he can "get a good night sleep, eat a good breakfast, pack my backpack full of snacks and go off to school..." You don't have to wonder who among he and I are most hesitant about this new adventure.
And now that ALL the boys (jason included) are in bed and quiet, I'm going to enjoy some reading. I am thoroughly enjoying The Robe - a book given to me for Christmas. I am not done, but I already highly recommend it if you have not read it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember when the extent of Gav's vocabulary was "bah" or animal sounds? (All at a very young age, mind you... he has always been sort of brilliant, hasn't he!) He was SO little, and we'd jiggle my keys in front of him in an encouragement of his first steps... HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT TODAY HE GOES OFF TO SCHOOL!? I hope it goes great... and I will be praying for you too as you release your little man into this new world! Be brave! LOVE!!!