
And the dish washing too! Even though it gets water EVERYWHERE, this is one of the happiest activities I could offer to them!So last night I was doing some meaningless chore at the house and I tweaked my back in a funky way and have since been in major pain. I'm sure its just a pulled muscle, but WOW. I have never had such pain besides labor. I am not exaggerating. Jason has been home, thank goodness and I have had to lean on him for doing lame things like picking up anything off the floor...etc. I HATE this feeling...that I can't do things for myself and am more comfortable laying on the couch than anything else. It is so NOT ME! So today I have been icing my back on and off and taking Tylenol and praying I will heal quickly. Jason just left with the kids to take a cycling class at the gym...while I sit....and ice. Bummer. It is better today than it was last night, so I'm just hoping it continues to get even better.
Today was Gavin's first day of preschool! He woke up excited and telling Ezekiel "today I have to go to school, buddy..." On the way in the car he asked me if he had to go to school today. He was very nervous. Jason and I encouraged him and he seemed ok. Then as we were getting out of the car Jason and I heard him say under his breath "ok, my first day of school." It was so sweet. Once we got to his classroom, he was fine. He was the first kid there and the teacher showed him all the stuff they were doing today and he got excited. No one shed a tear upon farewell...not even me! I was sad - this is a big day - but also know this is great for him! He loved it and had a lot of fun. He asked why he couldn't stay for "Lunch Bunch," which is an option to stay after until 2pm and eat lunch with other kids that are staying later. I told him it meant we would pick him up later, etc and he asked to do it on Thursday. Hmmm...not so sad about the separation. Thats good, though!! Tonight after dinner we are going out for ice cream (golden spoon!) to celebrate this big day!
On the way to school


3 comments:
Awwww...C! I love this post. Yea for Gavin! He looked so cute in his Spider Man t-shirt; did he pick it out the night before class. He he; such a sweetie! And seriously, EZ is so stinkin cute!!!!
So glad Gavin liked his first day! Tell him that Natalie likes it too...she stays until 2:30, for the lunch bunch and nap time as well! :) Gotta love these independent kids! :)
They are so adorable. I can't wait to meet the next Prince baby! You seriously only have a few more weeks!
Post a Comment