Saturday, December 22, 2007

Sound of music and Cookies!

Today my mom and I had our annual "bake Christmas cookies and watch the Sound of Music" day. We made 7 different kinds of cookies in record time and even got to glance at the parts of the movie we like. This tradition has been going for many, many years...in fact we were thinking close to 20?? When I was young, we would go over to a family friend's house and bake with her and her kids. It has always involved many different kinds of cookies and almost always the Sound of Music. Last year, for some reason we didn't' have the movie...and I think it was sorely missed!
When thinking about this day, I envisioned it being a fun time of participation with Gavin and Ezekiel...peacefully and obediently only doing what they were supposed to in the kitchen...
Hmmm...was I thinking they were 12 and 14?? Or 2 and 4. Oh yeah. They are still little and they don't do much peacefully. They are wild boys who like to touch and "help" with EVERYTHING. Even those things that don't need help with. Like moving big knives, turning the mixer on to the highest power and trying to catch it, and dumping various baking ingredients onto the counter and into their mouths(only the delicious things like chocolate chips, sugar, sprinkles and plain butter).
Needless to say, I had my patience tested, but the kids did help here and there, the cookies turned out great (mostly) and my mom and I had a fantastic time together.
Regretfully, I have no pictures to share.
On a totally different note, as I look at my ever expanding belly, I see more and more the shape I had with the boys. Straight out in front...and big. So I am thinking more and more that this could be a boy again. I was leaning towards girl until a few weeks ago. I think I am looking like its a boy - but I guess you never know! That's why I love this "not finding out" decision. Its so fun to speculate and think about the options. Ok, there are only 2 options, but its still the thrill of the unknown!
Off to wrap some presents and watch a movie!

No comments: