
When we had Gavin, our church provided meals for us every day or 2 for about 2 weeks and it was such a relief to us - not having to think about what to do for dinner. With Ezekiel, we didn't have it, and we probably could have used it more! We had a few friends bring over dinner, and that was great but there was no 2 weeks of meals. Well, in MOPS, when a mom has a baby, they try and organize so that she has ONE MONTH of meals!!! I think that is so awesome. So there have been three moms who have had babies and I have volunteered to bring a meal to each of them. Not because I want it reciprocated, but because I know what a gift that is. I made homemade meals for the first two, and last night was the third. I was having a bad day anyways (see previous post) and the thought of making a meal was too much for me. It probably would have been different if I had planned well, shopped for it, and had something easy...but I didn't. I would have had to go to the store, then cook it, then drive about 45 min-1 hour (with traffic) to deliver it. I couldn't handle the thought.
SO...we got Pat & Oscar's for us and for the family, dropped off their dinner and got home to eat ours. The silliest thing happened...I felt GUILTY because I had not home cooked the meal. Isn't that lame?? I'm sure this family did not care if it was home cooked or not. I know I wouldn't. I brought some of the sugar cookies the boys and I had made and decorated and made sure to tell them that they were homemade. Why was I trying to prove a point?? I also told them I had worked the night before and sorry I hadn't made the meal...oh my gosh. Why couldn't I just drop it off...and let them thank me profusely and be on my way???? Silly me. I'm sure it tasted 100 times better than what I could have cooked....have you ever had their bread sticks?? They are amazing.
Turns out my striving toward the Super Mom title is not happening. Welcome to reality, huh?


1 comment:
That's too funny Carrie; someone just told me about that "MOPS" tradition and told me I should sign up in January just to get in on that meal thing. Niiiiiice. I too feel guilty when I bring a "non cooked" meal, but then people end up telling me how much they loved the break from "casseroles" or chicken or whatever. I'm sure they loved it! I hope your little one and you are doing well! Miss chatting and seeing you!
Post a Comment