Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Us!


Yesterday Jason and I celebrated 7 years of marriage.
One of the coolest parts is that our friends Nick and Becky insisted that we leave our kids overnight at their house! They were just going to babysit for the evening...but assured us many times over that it was no big deal and we should just leave them for the night. What a treat! And of course it is a big deal...Becky is 8 months pregnant and has her own 18 month old, so I know it was a sacrifice. The kids had a great time and did fantastic - even by sleeping in until 7am(after Ezekiel's 5:30am 10 minute crying session...)!

Jason and went to dinner in Laguna at Mozabique(I think thats the correct spelling), a South African restaurant my brother recommended. It was fantastic food. As our server first approached the table, Jason laughed and I thought to myself that he looked familiar...well, it turns out that he was our server when we had dinner at Splashes, another restaurant in Laguna 2 years ago for our 5th anniversary! It was really funny to Jason and I and the server told us he'd see us next year... :-)
It was so nice to sleep in until 8:15am today and enjoy a quiet breakfast...thanks again, Nick and Becky!

2 comments:

pamela prince said...

That made me laugh at loud! Happy Anniversary to you!

Kelly said...

Congrats on 7 years!