
I am sure you remember over Easter break I started to potty-train V, but she clearly wasn't ready. Well, a few weeks ago, she asked me if I could take off her diaper so she could go potty in the toilet. I was planning on waiting until summer, but she wanted those undies on and was ready to do it! She has done great in her undies with the occasional accident (who doesn't!) here and there.
(WARNING: GRAPHIC MATERIAL AHEAD)
My problem happens to be poop. Actually, V's problem is poop. The first few days she pooped in the toilet a few times. Then, she started telling me it was scary. I have tried MANY things but the fact remains:
Violet poops in her underwear EVERY day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was telling everyone how EASY it was - I wasn't even really potty-training her - she did it herself. But the poop thing. Its a BIG speed bump.
Today I was sort of...mad at her! Sweet, princess Violet - STOP POOPING IN YOUR UNDERWEAR!!! I told her its nasty. She laughed. I gave her my sternest face and said "I'm tired of cleaning up poop from your underwear!!" She said "ok poo poo face." She clearly isn't sensing my frustration!
I've tried candy bribes, threats of putting her back in diapers, compromising (tell me when you have to poop and I'll put a diaper on you!), a BIG gift bribe (doll)...NOTHING.
The fact remains. When Violet is ready, she'll poop in the toilet. Until then, I will keep my stain spray, bleach, and patient attitude on hand.


No comments:
Post a Comment