Memorial Day morning, Jason and I were awoken at 5am by 2 little boys over-enthusiastically asking : "Is it time for our race??" NO! Go bad to bed! The boys did not go back to sleep and were back at 5:30 asking if it was time to get up yet. They were beyond excited. I can relate. After all, it was Race Day for them. I rarely sleep well before a race and they didn't either. We started the morning cheering Jason in his sprint tri.
Gavin finished well and was a little tired :) It was a really fun day for all of us - even me - even though I didn't do any racing. It was a joy to watch all of my boys have fun and race. I love that the boys want to do races. We look forward to next year...maybe one of these years we'll do the "Family" division :)
The OC register put a article about the race and pictures of Jason and his team and our boys. If you search for the fountain valley triathlon on memorial day, you can probably find it...the link I have says it is unavailable now. There is a picture of Jason and some MSM buddies and a picture of Gavin and Ezekiel.













No comments:
Post a Comment