Sick kids are hard. They demand more than normal. How can they demand any more of me? But they do. They need more. They need more holding. More touching. More gentle stroking and kind words. They need more assurance and love. They need more.
Today I've had a sick kid. My Ezekiel has had a fever most of the day and just felt yucky. He wanted to be held. A lot. And he's 4. When he was on the couch he wanted to be laying on top of me. Not just next to me. On top of me. He wanted to be held close. And comforted.
And today. Today I enjoyed it. I did NOT enjoy that my sweet boy was sick. I enjoyed being a mom today. I loved that I was able to joyfully stroke his back, hold is feverish body and comfort him when he was uncomfortable. I'm his MOM. Thats my job. And I did it well today. I enjoyed it. I was here for him when he needed me. I met his needs. This will not always be the case. But today it was. And I'm thankful. SO thankful I could be Ezekiel's mommy today and everyday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
beautiful. :-)
Post a Comment