Back in July we spent 4 days with some of our closests friends and had SO much fun! We went to a Ranch in Bakersfield owned by our friend's aunt and uncle. There was a huge "house" where we all stayed, a lake, jetskis, a boat with wakeboarding and tubing, a huge water slide, blob, weird animals with matted hair and a dog that was at least 58 years old. It was so cool to spend time with our friends talking, playing games, watching our kids play (and melt down in fits) and just hanging out. These days we are all so busy its hard to find time to spend as a big group.
The weather was HOT HOT HOT - but that was ok - we just stayed cool in the lake! Here are some pics from the trip...thanks to Natalie who sent me some - my camera broke a few days in :( (and sadly I still have no camera).
Reagan - having a slight "episode" (sorry B...this picture is classic)

Jennelle, Kendra, Becky, Sally, me, Leslie, Natalie (I have been friends with these girls for about 10 years, I think)

Jason taking V on a bike ride

Funny V 1/2 whining, 1/2 smiling

constant infusion of otter pops

One of the days we all put on our matching shirts and took pictures. We have a huge group picture and Becky took family pictures (except us...we forgot to do that - dang) and here is one of all 16 kids. WOW is it hard to get 16 kids to stay in one area. We didn't even care if they were all smiling! Ages 10months-6 years

Violet feeding Reese

Luke and Ezekiel up to no good, I'm sure. They are both the "mischevious" ones of each respective family...

V again sharing her food - this time with Isaiah

Some of the kids on the couch...look in the middle - Makenzie has the impression we are now going to torture her - so she's terrified.

I think J just woke up

Ezekiel and his love-hate relationship with Reagan

So sweet. And I love R's hair!

No, I'm not showing off my awesome running clothes I'm wearing in the water (suit was packed)...this is the "jacuzzi" set into the lake - awesome place for the kids to play - but by no means a jacuzzi. Even smellier (sulferish) than the lake, same temp, and no bubbles!

A few of the guys riding the water slide together. Yes, the girls did it too...a few times!

V looking cute in her suit but really just showing the blob, which didn't get much action except the guys launching each other a few times

So fun seeing our friends with their kids...here - Kyle with Trevor and Austin(youngest kids of the bunch)

Me and my sweet Miss V

G hanging with Kyle and Austin

Nurse Mode - removal of a possible stinger in J's foot

Such great memories with such amazing friends. I could go on and on, but it would most likely be a bore to those of you who weren't there. We look forward to next year!
1 comment:
GREAT pictures! Sounds like you guys had such a good time... what a true blessing to have such a close group of friends.
Post a Comment