One funny story I share with you to show how lame I am at times. Or maybe I could blame it on pregnancy. So Sunday was the day I had signed up to bring another new mom a meal. I realized Sunday afternoon that I did not have her phone number to ask what a good time was and I also could not find my MOPS book, so I didn't have really anyone else to call for that information either! I decided to just show up around 6pm, since that is a good guess at dinnertime. I made my homemade lasagna, a salad, some crusty bread (did not make that!) and brownies. We packed the kids in the car and put the address into our GPS for directions. As we pulled up to the house, Jason asked if I was sure this was the right house. Of course I was sure! It was strange that it was so dark, though. I was really bummed to find out that indeed the dark house was seemingly unoccupied. So I had to resort to leaving my meal on the porch which I wasn't that thrilled about. Why wouldn't they be home? Especially knowing they had a meal being delivered?? Weird. We got home and I was still sort of disappointed. I got on my email and for some reason thought I should double check the address. 3507. Wait....the address was 3507? But I dropped the food off at 3505. Yes. I had written down the wrong address. DANG!!!!!!!!! I emailed the sister-in-law of the woman I had delivered to and hoped she would get the email that night. She did not...but it turns out the mistaken house had put the food in the fridge and brought it over Monday morning asking if they had been expecting a meal the night before. New Mom emailed me and said they had enjoyed it Monday night.....I guess all was not lost, but how lame did I feel?? (super ridiculously lame)
Today was the big day for Ezekiel and the Dentist. I had some apprehension about this visit since twice a day Ezekiel cries while I brush his teeth. Our nightly flossing is not a good experience either. Shockingly, he tolerated the cleaning just fine. He kept telling me he was done, but he didn't cry or freak out, as I expected. He let the dentist examine him and we got the clean bill of health.
On the nesting front I have not done as much lately since Jason was off for a few days and that seems to deter my frantic cleaning. Last night I cleaned out our pantry cupboards and organized it, throwing out some food that had expired in 2006! Thats embarrasing! Then today I cleaned out and vacuumed the car and the outside of the washer and dryer. No big plans for tonight...maybe more on Ezekiel's baby book? Which I have not gotten past his birth. Shoot. Oh well.


2 comments:
love the pic....sooo cute. and you'll need to come with me when i take mak to her first dentist appt...offer me moral support. ha.
love you c!
I love all the nesting! To be honest, I think I've been in denial that pregnancy makes you nest.... Then today I cleaned out the fridge and freezer, scrubbed it from top to bottom, organized/cleaned the pantry, scrubbed all my kitchen counters and pantry shelves and reorganized all the dishes in the cupboards. Ok I'm convinced. Its not a myth. :)
PS-- Just so you feel better, I found a pantry item from 2006 too. Apparently I thought Crystal Light could keep for a few years...
Hope you are feeling well and can't wait for these kids to be here! :)
Post a Comment