Saturday, October 06, 2007

San Diego at Its Finest...

The first thing you might notice is how severely out of order these pictures are. Sorry. I don't know how to move them around once I upload them...and since I can only upload 5 at a time...they turn out a bit crazy. The second thing you are sure to notice is the "arm shots" that document all of our adventures. Jason is not a fan of asking others to take pictures, so I was ok doing the arm shot.
Now on the our great 3 days away...we had a wonderful time, of course. Our room was great...better than we expected. I will tell you as you go along in the pictures what we were doing...
This is the morning as we were leaving. Not sure why we look so tired! We slept until 9:20am our 2nd and 3rd mornings there :-) Heaven!
We were both missing the boys and looking forward to seeing them. They are clutching our gifts from "abroad"
Yum
Gavin and Diego
We are in front of the Natural History Museum. We went to see the Dead Sea Scrolls. How amazing to see these manuscripts that are 2000 years old!
This is Friday - in Old Town. We are in front of the Old Town Mexican Cafe - a place my family and i went for lunch/dinner MANY times as I was growing up in SD. I have many fond memories at this restaurant.
This lady was giving tours of Old Town and I wanted a picture with her...
First day - our room...kind of like a cottage with a back door that opened up to Mission Bay. It was wonderful!
This is out our back door - across this little street is the beach (mission bay). We agreed it would be a great place to come back with the kids. Its very "family friendly"

Thursday morning...off to enjoy the day
When we were dating, Jason went on a trip to Japan, and upon returning home, came down to SD to see me. We went to the Living Room coffee shop in La Jolla and shared dessert, coffee and his pictures. Its great coffee and we had breakfast there on Thursday morning
This is in La Jolla - where a bunch of Sea Lions have made the area their home

Our dead sea scrolls tickets...out of order...
We will do this "getaway" again...and not in 4 years! I can't explain how nice it was to have no time commitments, no problems waiting 1 1/2 hours for a table at PF Changs one night, sleeping in, just relaxing and enjoying having fun together as we navigated our way from one place to another. An encouragement to those of you parents (or just couples - really) out there who happen to read this...take time to do this - for your marriage! Life gets so busy and its easy to let other things become more important. Sometimes you just need to get out of the house and remember why you love being with your spouse!



2 comments:

Jen Epperson said...

It looks and sounds like you guys had such a great time! I'm so glad you guys got to get away, just the two of you! Thanks for sharing your trip!

juliana said...

Carrie, your boys are adorable!! So cute!