First of all, Ezekiel has some crazy hair! Its curly and pretty fine, so after his naps sometimes it looks wild. These pictures of him just waking up and Jason and I laughing at his hair. I love the first picture because you can see Jason in the mirror laughing. Cute.
So most of you who know us know that Gavin is Mr. Personality. He is hilarious. Many stories have been bragged and shared on this blog regarding Gavin. I decided its Ez's turn! His personality is still emerging and we love it! I have 2 funny stories...
A few days ago, Ezekiel woke up from his nap hungry. Oh wait, thats everyday. But on with the story at hand --he woke up hungry and I carried him over to the cupboard to find him a snack. As follows is our conversation:
"Do you want these crackers?"
"Don't like them"
"Do you want a few pretzels?"
"Don't like them"
"Do you want a fruit leather?"
"Don't like it"
"Do you want an apple?"
"Don't like it"
(you get the picture...this continued for several more suggestions)
Then Ezekiel tapped my arm and said "mommy, like candy!" with a glimmer in his eye....
I am amazed at the progression of his language skills the past few weeks. He is saying more sentences and less single words and that last conversation cracked me up. Of course he did not get the candy, but it was funny to hear him try.
Ez and Gavin have decided that Ezekiel will call Gavin by the nickname "G." He says it all the time and its funny to me. Jason may have said it once...but we never called Gavin that so its funny that Ez likes that nickname for his brother.
So while I was at work Tuesday night, Jason read the boys the customary 2 books before bed and then was having Ezekiel kiss Gavin goodnight. Jason usually then takes Ezekiel into his room, rocks him for a few minutes before putting him to bed and returning to lay with Gavin for a few minutes. Well, Tues night, Ez decided to change things up and said "G rock!" So...Gavin rocked Ez in his rocking chair as Ezekiel snuggled, sucking his thumb and relaxing until he was almost asleep. Since then, he has asked for G to rock him every nap and bedtime. I love it.


1 comment:
THAT is too sweet about the rocking situation! :) Just too precious! ;)
Post a Comment