Sunday, August 05, 2007

What we have been up too...

I have a plethora of information as to what we have been up to!
On Friday evening, we took the kids to the OC Fair and had a great time. We saw some animals, Jason and Gavin each played a game (gavin won stuffed animals for himself and Ez!), rode a few rides (nothing crazy!) and had some treats! It was a blast!


Gavin on the ride by himself. Ez had a fit when he realized he wasn't going (too short)
Gavin fed the goats and sheep hay and wasn't a bit scared
Enjoying a churro - one of several treats from the evening
The only picture of Jas and I...notice Gav smiling in the background
Ez is very nervous about the loud MOOOOOOO coming from the cows


Ez fed the sheep with much coaxing
As did Gavin.
Now we move on to one morning we were all home and just laying around the house relaxing and we started taking silly pictures...

I like this smile Ez does
Cute boys
Silly faces
Happy with his coffee!
Today is my mom's birthday! Happy Birthday to the most wonderful Mom ever! My mom is a great woman! She is loving, thoughtful, a good listener, seeks to know God better everyday, is quick to admit her wrongs, is patient, wise, a prayer warrior, forgiving, nurturing, and basically AMAZING! My mom is umm...50-something :-) and is a brand new nurse! I am so proud of her. She excelled in school and is working in a busy ER where she is continually challenged, but is learning about herself and how to face those challenges. She encourages me whenever I need it and always has time for me. I love that I live so close that I even got to have lunch with her today on her lunch break at work.
And speaking of living close to my parents...today is a day I needed my Daddy and he was there for me...
So I'm driving to church, and all of a sudden the car starts shaking and I have a hard time driving straight. There is a loud noise assaulting my ears and I am panicking...people are pointing at me...did I mention I was on the freeway? Yes, folks, I blew out a tire on the freeway. I pulled over onto an area not even wide enough to be a shoulder and first called Jason. He advised that I try and get off the freeway, but I was nervous I wouldn't be able to go fast enough to safely exit...I was near tears and didn't know what to do. I'm sure Jason felt helpless as he was at work 25 miles away...I quickly got off the phone with Jason and called my Dad. If anyone would know what to do, it would be Dad. I prayed he wasn't in church yet, as it was 9:24am and Dad is ALWAYS on time to church (starts at 9:30) and usually early. By the grace of God, he was late today and quickly came to where I was. He called AAA on his way and we were met with a tow-truck less than 10 minutes later. The mechanic changed the tire on the freeway(made me very nervous!) and we were off to church 45 minutes late...I am SO thankful my dad was around to help me today. I really needed him. After church, we drove to a few tire places and found somewhere to get 2 new tires (they couldn't patch it)...we had lunch with mom and basically spent the day hanging out with my dad...until almost 5pm! It was a fun day for the boys and I and it made me so thankful that my dad is nearby and that he always has time for me too.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was good for you!
I think your life is filled with joy. I always enjoy reading your blog(^^)/

kw said...

you really have the cutest kids on earth. not kidding.
and ez's curls?? gimme a break, gerber baby!!! so so cute.