We had a wonderful Christmas, though it feels like a blur. It was so fun and I wish I could slow it down...but alas, I can't, so on to the New Year we go!
We spent Christmas Eve with my family celebrating my brother's birthday, then Christmas we were at Jason's parent's house and day after we were at my parent's house. At first I was bummed I wouldn't see my family ON Christmas, but then realized that the actual day doesn't matter. We saw them the day after, but it was just as fun and meaningful. And it was nice that we didn't have to rush from one celebration to the next. Instead, we spent the whole day with our families enjoying time together. Or, with Jason's family, enjoying the 30 minutes of quiet when all 5 kids (all ages 3 and under) were napping- which just happened to coincide with the meal, so we all ate in peace. It was great!
In the middle of all that, we brought home our newly adopted dog. She is a little Chihuahua-Dachund(spelled wrong, I think) mix that was homeless and pregnant. We decided to take her and she happened to have her puppies before we attained her. We picked her up Sunday morning with her 2 babies. They are so cute. She is very sweet, housebroken, good with the kids, and LOVES Jason. She runs when she hears his voice. We named the dog Bailey, but the next day, Gavin said he wanted her to be called "chili." Who are we to argue? So we call her Chili-Dog. Anyways...there is the update!
I'm thankful for:
*Wonderful Christmas with all our families
*Generosity to us and our kids
*Getting grocery shopping done today even with a super cranky kid (Ez)
*Gavin's spiderman headset walkie talkies - he loves them! AND everyone at Trader Joe's loved it that we were wearing them and talking while we shopped today
*My new Foot Spa!!!!!!!!!!!!
*A great run today even though I haven't run for a few days
*Getting our tickets for Seattle in April - Kristen's wedding - there was a sale and the tickets were super cheap
*My chat with Sally yesterday


No comments:
Post a Comment