



"The Hills are Alive....with the Sound of Music" --I know that song is now repetitively playing in your head, and I'm glad. Why? Because yesterday, on Christmas Cookie Day, Blockbuster told my husband they don't carry Sound of Music to rent. WHAT??????????? Thats just plain crazy. They did tell Jason they had several copies in stock to buy, but of course Jason wouldn't be caught dead with that purchase...
Some of my favorite memories of Christmas are in the kitchen with my Mom, baking dough balls, dipping pretzels, making fudge and eating batter. We would play Sound of Music in the background and bake for hours. We laughed, talked and then shared with our friends and neighbors our delectable treats. What made it especially fun this year was Gavin's excitement and participation. What started as plans for Mom and I quickly turned into a Family Affair and I loved it!!!!!
*Fun Christmas memories and cookies to give out to friends and neighbors (if we don't eat them all first!)
*Ez taking 5-7 steps at a time a few days ago - I was trying to show my family what he could do yesterday and he thought he would make me look silly by not walking at all. But he CAN do it - he just likes to crawl more right now
*Emails from Sally - my friend, running coach, and one of the most encouraging people in my life
*Fun at Chuck E. Cheese on Wed - and talking with a mom there who has 2 boys who are older, but have similar personalities to my boys
*Hearing how God works in different situations when we wouldn't even expect it
*Laughing with my mom yesterday
*Having my mom close temporarily at least (my parents are staying at my grandparent's condo in Sunset Beach right now)
*A day free of any plans except Naples tonight to look at lights with friends
*Watching my brothers with my boys - I may have already said this, but there is such a sweetness of seeing very masculine men with little boys - I can't really describe it. They are so sweet to Ez and LOVE to rile Gavin up and run around with him and just play with him. If they so choose, they will each be amazing fathers
*The boy who shared his toy with Gavin last night - he had to charge it, but then came over to our house and asked Gavin if he wanted to come out and play with it (a flying Superman toy) - Gavin was SO excited
*ALL our Christmas shopping is DONE! (now for the wrapping...)


No comments:
Post a Comment