Friday, September 08, 2006

Just like my mom...



All growing up, I swore I would never be like my mom. As a young girl, half the things she did drove me crazy, just like every other mom around. Moms were not cool, and not someone you wanted to be like. So there I was, swearing up and down I would never be like my mom...well as I've aged, of course that has changed. I have prayed to be like my mom in many ways. My mom is amazing. Today as we walked around and talked, I realized just how much like my mom I am...down to our nighttime snack habits. It was so funny to me to realize how many little things about me are from my mom. Funny how our outlook changes as we get older!

1) My pretty toes! My mom and I had a great time giving each other pedicures. My mom is basically professional and I almost tipped her for how great she made my toes look

2) Being able to get into the dentist quickly, since I'm suffering from a toothache!

3) The Kettle Korn from the HB Farmers Market

4) Talking to my mom as we hung out all day

5) Jason will be home a little earlier than normal tonight - yes!

6) The kids both playing outside this morning for over an hour

7) Chickenless nuggets - Gavin doesn't know the difference!

Thats all I really feel like doing for now...I'm going to try and post some pictures. If they are there, then I was successful!

No comments: