Can you keep a secret? No, seriously, you can't tell anyone. Ok...I have always wanted to run a marathon, but never thought I could do it. Such a huge commitment, a lot of hard work, and such discipline! I couldn't ever do it, could I? I don't know...
As I dip my big toe in, I test the waters: "I really want to run a marathon before I am 30." Very safe - gives me a few years to ease into it, and the person I told that to would probably forget I said that within that same timeframe.
Ok, I'll put my whole foot in: "I'd love to run a marathon this year...but maybe I'll still just do the half-marathon."
Your right, might as well put both feet in: "I'm thinking about running a marathon, but I should get a better jogger first - there's no way I can train with this one..."
I'm not sure I can train pushing the kids...I don't know if I have time for the long runs...how will I get my runs in with Jason's erratic schedule and me working nights...I might be pregnant(no plans for the near future)...too many excuses.
Ok, guys, here it goes - I'm diving straight into this chasm that frightens me, challenges me, and calls me to do something that I've always wanted to do, but never believed in myself enough to commit to:
I'M GOING TO RUN MY FIRST MARATHON IN HUNTINGTON BEACH ON FEBRUARY 4, 2007.
No backing down now.
Failure is not an option.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I'm so proud of you!!! You can totally do this, I'm sure of it. One thing I've always admired about you is your level of determination and loyalty to something you commit to - I will cheer you on from afar! Love, K
that's cool! :) You'll do great! ~ Amy
Shoot, if only I wasn't giving birth on/around that day I would SO run it with you...
This is awesome, you're going to do great!!!
Wow, Carrie, you have everything it takes to pull from within to run this marathon!! I know you can do it. I so admire you for your determination to accomplish what you have set before you to complete! Love & Hugs.. Judy P.
I was deeply impressed of your resolution!and I'm sure you can do it! So, I decided too.I will run a marathon which is going to be held in Japan 28th January next year! I'm gonna run to achieve my goal!
Let's keep trying each other!
Post a Comment