Tuesday, May 23, 2006

May 23 and Happy Birthday Kristen!





As you can see, we had a great time Sunday afternoon celebrating at the Fitzpatricks. I love this picture of Gav eating watermelon, then the one of Ez looking at Jason as he's making a funny face. Great.

And today is Kristen's birthday! I talk about her a lot, so most of you who do not know her, actually kind of DO know her. She has been one of my dearest friends over the past 7 years or so. We started at Biola at the same time and were roomates on and off for a few years. She is loyal, trustworthy, thoughtful, compassionate, generous, funny, and loving - to me and my kids. There are so many other things I love about Kristen...I could go on and on. She is a true example of a friend through thick and thin. My life has had so many changes over the years and she has stuck by me and facilitated our spending time together almost weekly because she comes to my house...thank you Kristen. Have a wonderful day.

1) A wonderful time with family on Sunday, though we missed our SF family. Happy Mothers Day, Pam. :-)

2) The Fantastic cake Judy made and the funny story behind it. Ask Dan about that one sometime...

3) Lunch at the Crab Cooker Saturday. I've never been there and it was SO GOOD!!

4) Friday - my mom stayed with the boys for over 12 hours so that I could go to a seminar put on by a LAPD psychologist on how to handle the changes that are going to occur in my life in the very near future (as jason goes "on the streets"). Several things about Friday - I met some wonderful wives(and some were christians), Ez took bottles from my mom the whole day, Jason and I got to go out to dinner alone, and the kids had a WONDERFUL time with Nannie.

5) Not having to work Friday night

6) The kids being great yesterday when I took them to get their pictures taken

7) Kristen - my dear and trusted friend

8) The carne asada Jason cooked for dinner last night. And our first family dinner - usually Ez is in bed by 6, but last night, he wasn't ready for bed until 7:15! It was fun all sitting together

9) Sarah's easygoing and flexible nature

10) The lunch we are going to have with Kristen today!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVED THAT PICTURE OF GAVIN! Priceless! That's one of those 'scrapbookin' pictures! It does look like you all had fun! :) Amy

Anonymous said...

To have respectable friends is a
treasure of our life! Happy birthday to your friend!