Friday, April 29, 2011

Beach Camping!

A friend of mine mentioned doing something fun over spring break...we first talked about going to Palm Springs with our kids (both hubbies had to work)...but then she mentioned camping at a beach not too far from us. I thought that sounded fun! Even though I had never set up my own tent, or started my own fire...how hard could it be?? :)

We got there and couldn't check in, so we went to the beach for a few hours!
After we checked in, we got our camp set up. And you know what? It wasn't so hard! Candace (my friend) and I figured out the tents - no problem!

And later...I built the fire and it burned BABY!

After dinner, of course we had to enjoy s'mores.

Ezekiel SERIOUSLY was SO messy. He had marshmallow on his nose, lips, hands and hanging off his chin. I don't think this picture even does it justice.

Oh yeah - go VV

The kids had fun together...there was the normal squabbles, but they entertained themselves with baseball, football, tag, wrestling and boogie boarding. The downside is the beach area is pretty rocky, making it hard for the kids to be in the water playing, but the kids (mostly boys) had fun anyways.

Of course the girls had fun too

The water was cold! But these boys didn't care!

I LOVE THESE BOYS

Right before we left, the kids were laying on the volleyball quart playing some game. Ez was telling the the rules and then they had some sort of "rock music party" - huh?? He told me to turn my head so I wouldn't watch :) Funny kids.

Next time, I think staying more than 1 night would be beneficial...after putting up the tents and getting camp set up, it was a bummer to take down the next morning. But it was A LOT of fun! I loved it - as did the kids. I look forward to doing it again.

No comments: